About the Company:
1 Million Women.https://www.1millionwomen.com.au/
We are women and girls from every corner of the planet living climate action through everything we do.
1 Million Women are looking for a passionate person to lead their social media helping to empower women and girls across the globe to live climate action.
You are the right person for this role if you are passionate about empowering women to live climate action, have a deep understanding of the social media landscape and have used the power of social media to help build community or drive change.
- Maintaining the tone for 1 Million Women social media channels and continuing to grow our community across all channels.
- Creating and editing photos, images, videos and blogs for our social media platforms.
- Creating and implementing social media campaigns and content plans for 1Million Women
- Managing the content team, working closely with content creators, interns and volunteers - includes mentoring, advising and giving feedback and managing weekly content meetings and content calendar.
- Being across all things digital, from the latest memes to the best climate podcasts and reporting.
- Responding to current affairs on social media platforms
Employment type: Full time with a 1-month period working for 3 days (paid training)prior to commencement of the role.
Salary: $65kto $70k pro-rata.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- At least 2 years full time working experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro (this role requires you to create a lot of content and also teach interns to use these programs so you must have a solid understanding of how to use them)
- Have social media experience and a deep understanding of social media and digital landscapes and be able to anticipate how content will be received online.
- Be able to maintain and grow our Facebook page, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and our blog.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to edit others' work.
- Be able to adapt quickly to situations and flexible to change set plans.
- Able to train, mentor and manage volunteers, interns and content creators in the social media team (currently there are 2 content creators and volunteers in the social media team).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Has own laptop that can run Adobe programs.
- Comfortable with photography and videography.
- Experience working with an NGO or a cause-driven organization.
Even if you feel you don’t meet all the above requirements but know you’re great at some of them and you have a passion for climate action and wanting to make a difference in the world, we really encourage you to apply.
Submissions will be closed for this position at 5pm on the 8th of April 2021.